Interfaith Conference: Concept of Life After Death
Posted by Zia Shah
By Dr. Nasir Khan, President, Buffalo Chapter, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Peace be with you. I hope that your are well.
The Buffalo Chapter of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community will hold its twenty-first interfaith conference on Sunday, June 15th, 2014 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm at the Millennium Hotel, 2040 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, across from the Walden Galleria Mall.
Invited speakers representing Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism will present their views about the concept of life after death as reflected in their Holy Scriptures and religious teachings, explaining what happens after a person dies in this world and comment on the concept of reward & punishment, and heaven & hell, if applicable.
The speakers are as follows:
1. Dr. Dilip Sinha, Hindu Cultural Society, Representing Hinduism
2. Rabbi Gary Pokras, Temple Beth Zion, Representing Judaism
3. Dr. Jeanette Ludwig, Buffalo Zen Dharma Community, Representing Buddhism
4. Prof. Rev. Martin X. Moleski, S.J., Canisius College, Representing Christianity
5. Imam Naseem Mahdi, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Representing Islam
Each speaker will speak for 15 minutes. The speeches will be followed by a question & answer session and a break at the end where refreshments will be served.
You are cordially invited to attend the session & feel free to pass the invitation to anyone who may be interested.
Admission is free and open to all.
Please RSVP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 716-371-9872.
I look forward to seeing you there.
President, Buffalo Chapter
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community