Widgetized Section

India – Martial arts school for Muslim women

Posted by

Hijabi Wushu

Muslim schoolgirls from St. Maaz high school practice Chinese wushu martial arts inside the school compound in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad July 8, 2008. Girls from ages 10 to 16 participate in weekly sessions during school term. Hyderabad is the capital of Southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. South Indian Muslims commonly engage in learning the various martial arts.

Posted by on January 8, 2012. Filed under Asia,India,Picture of the day,Women Rights. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

8 Responses to India – Martial arts school for Muslim women

1. Ali Murtaza

January 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Awesome! Should be encouraged.

2. Abdullahi Muhammad Lawal

March 14, 2012 at 10:56 am

I srongly commend you all for an excellent practice,plaese keep it on may Allah The most high bless and guide you more.One of my main concern and important task as a challenge is to encourage muslim women to learn martial art for:Health,self control,respect and self defence.As I open this page today containing the picture of those sisters of ours I was highly impress and happy.I am a 1st Dan ITF Tae Kwon do and yellow class in Wushu(Taijiquan,Tantui lower leg).Thanks

3. rubel ahmed

June 21, 2012 at 4:50 pm

it highly needed to learn martial art for the Muslims women to save themselves

4. manar

July 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm

wooow Awesome! مشاء الله

5. Mathina

August 3, 2012 at 10:36 am

Masha allah!!!!!! it is very great to see……

6. Mohd Wasim

August 24, 2012 at 7:17 am

EXCELLENT, SUBHAN ALLAH, WHAT A GREAT JOB DONE.
    I M HAPPY ABOUT IT AND ALL SISTERS SHOULD LEARN SELF DEFENCE.

7. A.Aaliah

February 5, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Maa sha Allah! Really an excellent effort to save ourselves from evil.

8. Sufu Hashim

April 21, 2013 at 2:34 am

very good I do the same I would like to make contact with the Instrutor inshallah!